Currently or previously approved 3.4U Inspection Controllers; currently or previously approved CSWIP 3.1U or 3.2U Divers; surface practitioner certificated under PCN or CSWIP; those qualified in relevant engineering science.
Overview of NDT techniques; electrical and electromagnetic theory; ACFM detection - identification of cracks; weld inspection by ACFM techniques; sizing for length and depth; reporting; backing-up data.
The course ends with the certification examination.
Training in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9712.
- To explain the theoretical principles
- To carry out equipment functioning checks
- To locate and size surface breaking fatigue cracks on uncoated and coated steel welds
- To gain eligibility to sit CSWIP EMD examinations
Please note proof of experience and identity will be required prior to the training
The candidate can only attempt one examination as part of the package.
- Be a current or previously approved 3.3U ROV pilot observer OR
- Be a current or previously approved 3.4U Inspection Controller OR
- Be a current or previously approved CSWIP 3.1U or 3.2U Diver OR
- Be a surface practitioner certified under PCN or CSWIP OR
- Have a qualification in a relevant engineering science