Commercial divers requiring knowledge of advanced underwater NDT techniques and career progression from the CSWIP 3.1U.
Theoretical instruction to CSWIP approved syllabus; advanced underwater NDT techniques; magnetic particle inspection; weld toe grinding; overview of electro-magnetic techniques.
- To explain theoretical principles relating to subsea NDT inspection
- To be proficient in practical NDT subsea inspection techniques
- To gain eligibility to sit the CSWIP 3.2U examination
- Must hold current CSWIP 3.1U certificate
- Hold an HSE approved in-date full commercial diver medical certificate
If candidates are taking the 3.1U and 3.2U back-to-back then they must have satisfied the 3.1U and 3.2U training requirements and take the 3.1U examination prior to the 3.2U examination.
These combined examinations will require the candidate to spend more than one day at the test centre. 3.2U certificates will only be issued if success in both the 3.1U and 3.2U examinations is achieved and the candidate has provided proof of at least one years' experience working as a practising commercial diver.