Holders of a qualification in relevant engineering or science subject for a minimum of 60 days spent at an offshore site; currently or previously approved CSWIP 3.3U inspectors who have held this certificate for a minimum of one year, with a minimum of 300 logged hours of underwater inspection work; currently or previously approved CSWIP 3.1U or 3.2U diver inspectors who have held certification for a minimum of 100 logged hours of underwater inspection work; surface NDT practitioners certificated under PCN or CSWIP and with a minimum of 30 days at an offshore worksite with familiarity of underwater inspection techniques. Please see Entry Requirements below.
Advanced NDT techniques; recording and processing data; computer data based reporting systems; interpretation and recording methods; quality assurance; intervention techniques; inspection, planning and briefing.
- To be competent to plan and co-ordinate sub-sea inspection programmes
- To be proficient in recording and processing data produced by subsea inspection campaigns
- To gain eligibility to sit the CSWIP 3.4U examination
10 day course and 2 day exam (date to be arranged when booking and subject to availability). Fee includes exam.
Note for UK customers: In Middlesbrough, the course and exam are conducted on 12 consecutive week days. In Aberdeen, the course and exam are conducted on 12 consecutive days including week-ends.
- Have a qualification in a relevant engineering or science subject which should not be less than HNC level or equivalent and a minimum of 12 months subsea engineering related work, including a minimum of 60 days spent at an offshore site OR
- Be a current or previously approved CSWIP 3.3U ROV Inspector who has held this certification for a minimum of one year, with a minimum of 300 logged hours of underwater inspection work OR
- Be a current or previously approved CSWIP 3.1U or 3.2U Diver Inspector who has held such certification for a minimum of three years, with a minimum of 100 logged hours of underwater inspection work OR
- Be a surface NDT Practitioner certified under PCN/CSWIP in ultrasonic testing, magnetic particle or penetrant testing or equivalent approval accepted by the CSWIP In-Service Inspection Management Committee, who has a minimum of 3 years documented experience in the application of NDT methods related to offshore facilities and to have spent a minimum of 30 days at an offshore work site gaining familiarity with underwater inspection techniques.