The course is aimed at plant engineers, non-destructive testing engineers, materials and corrosion engineers, plant inspectors responsible for managing the integrity of ageing process equipment, pipelines, boilers and storage tanks.
It is recommended that attendees have a knowledge of either the inspection, design, fabrication, operation or maintenance of process equipment and piping, as well as some knowledge of the most common pressure equipment design codes/standards.
Extensive overview of API 570 "Body of Knowledge", corrosion allowances, inspection intervals, joint efficiencies, pressure testing, impact testing, Preheating and heat treatment requirements, remaining life calculations, degradation mechanisms, ASME welding and NDE requirements.
At the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of API 570 "Body of Knowledge"
- Understand the requirements for the maintenance, inspection, alteration and repair of in-service metallic piping systems
- Capable of understanding inspection data and determine corrosion rates, remaining service life and inspection interval
- Determine minimum thickness and internal pressure requirements for piping systems
- Preheating and heat treatment requirements
Five day training course. Examination is to be booked separately and can be taken at any TWI Training Centre.
Candidates should bring the API examination standard packs before attending the training course. These can be purchased directly from API.
- If booking on a course and examination package, candidates are required to submit a CV so that their eligibility to take the examination is assessed.
- UK candidates - if you wish to take the examination, a fee of £170.00 + VAT in addition to the course fee shown above will be charged.
CSWIP Plant Inspector scheme overview
Career Progression Map
Programme Manager Interview