Experienced NDT inspection staff, supervisory and research personnel engaged in NDT.
Designed for experienced senior NDT inspection personnel who wish to attempt EN 473 (PCN or CSWIP) Level 3 certification.
Basic exam - Revision of product technology (materials, cast, wrought, welding, heat treatments, etc); certification scheme information; revision of NDT methods at level 2.
Main method exams - general preparation and revision of chosen method at level 3; sector specific preparation and revision of the NDT method including use of applicable standards; NDT procedure preparation and creation with use of applicable standards and specifications.
- To state the responsibilities of a level 3 as directed by the relevant scheme
- To state the parameters relating to inspection of welds, forgings and castings
- To be familiar with the main certification scheme requirements
- To explain the principles of the major complementary NDT methods
- To prepare for chosen method exam at level 3 through revision and assessment in general and sector specific terms
- To devise and write NDT procedures and instructions for the inspection of component and/or weld configurations in the chosen method
EN 473 now mandates training hours prior to Level 3 examination. It is strongly recommended that prospective Level 3 candidates ascertain their exact training requirements by contacting the training centre with details of EN 473 qualifications held and other supporting documentation.
Exam exemptions may also be available and must be obtained directly from PCN using form PSL/49, or CSWIP by contact TWI Certification Ltd.
It is strongly recommended that EN 473 Level 2 certification in the method sought is achieved before undertaking Level 3 exams, to significantly reduce the training hour requirements.
Course costs vary according to the training hour requirements and Level 2 qualifications held. For exam only prices, use the 'Examination' drop down link and select the relevant scheme.
Details on the training and experience requirements and possible exemptions for the chosen scheme can be found in the following links:
PCN - General requirements document Refer to Table 1; sect 10.5; section 11.
CSWIP - General requirements document Refer to Section 3.1. table; sect 3.2.2; sect 6.1; sect 6.4.
All candidates attending a PCN examination (initial, retest or renewal) must provide photo ID (e.g Driving licence number, Passport number, PCN ID Card) on the day of sitting the examination.
Failure to do so will result in the candidate being turned away.