All NDT personnel, inspectors and technicians engaged in, or responsible for, inspection of castings, forgings or fabricated items during manufacture or in-service in different product sectors.
Suitable for personnel working in the aerospace industry.
Materials, methods, compatibility of materials, equipment and safety aspects; practical exercises; methods of assessing sensitivity.
During the Level 2 instruction writing and application, attendees requiring only Level 1 training will carry out practical applications to written instructions.
The course ends with a written and practical test.
Training in accordance with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9712.
- To explain the basic principles of penetrant inspection methods
- To carry out penetrant inspection using solvent-removable, water-washable and post-emulsifiable/removal processes
- To write clear and concise inspection instructions and test reports
- To meet syllabus requirements for CSWIP/PCN Level 2
Price listed is the direct access Level 2 and includes examination and levy fees. For Level 1 options, please contact Customer Services.
No mandatory course entry requirements.
The minimum required duration of training, which includes both theoretical and practical elements, is:
- Level 1 - 16 hours
- Level 2 - 24 hours (Direct Level 2 - 40 hours)
The training hours requirement is fulfilled when candidates attend one of TWI's training courses.
The minimum duration for experience prior to or following success in the qualification examination is:
- Level 1 - 1 month
- Level 2 - 3 months (Direct Level 2 - 4 months)
Certification will not be issued until successful completion of the examination and the required experience is achieved.
All candidates attending a PCN examination (initial, retest or renewal) must provide photo ID (e.g Driving licence number, Passport number, PCN ID Card) on the day of sitting the examination.
Failure to do so will result in the candidate being turned away.