This course is intended for those personnel who are / will be, employed as bolting technicians by their respective companies. Participants will be able to dissemble, assemble and tighten bolted flange connections correctly and safely.
This two-day basic course is intended for technicians to become certified specialists for mechanical joint integrity of bolted flanges in accordance with DIN EN 1591-4, PED 97/23/EC & ECITB MJI 10/18/19 requirements.
On completion of the course, each participant will be assessed for theoretical and practical skills, and upon successful written examination, participants will be awarded with a HTL certificate of competency with validity period of 5 years. A Bolting Technician’s competency log book will also be provided.
This affiliated course is delivered in conjunction with TWI SEA at its state-of-the-art facilities in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The aim of the course is for all participants to gain theoretical knowledge and practical competence in the following:
- Responsible person for flange bolting
- HSE matters: health protection and safety precautions, safe system of works, permit to work system
- Hand torque connection technique
- Hydraulic-controlled connection techniques
- Requirements for leak tightness
- Fundamental of forces, bending moments & elongation of materials
- Determination/calculation of bolting force/load
- Fundamental of compact flanges
- Fundamental of clamp connectors
- Fundamental of gasket technology
- Selection of suitable types of gasket / suitable geometries
- Bolting and gasket lubrications and frictions
- Compression fitting
- Critical joint connection such as Heat exchangers and pressure vessels
- Work preparation for an appropriate assembly
- Assembly and disassembly of flange connections
- Flange data management software
- Documentation required for final reports
This includes 1-day theory and 1-day practical training. The participants are able to practice assembly techniques guided by our experienced and well versed, bolting instructor.
No requirement for prior experience. In compliance with the standards above, we offer a basic module that provides the necessary fundamental knowledge in order to produce tight flange connections.