Ideal preparation for inspection engineers, technicians, NDT operators or surveyors who require a knowledge of visual inspection techniques, an understanding of likely problem areas and an appreciation of inspection methodology.
Introduction to visual inspection; fundamentals of vision and light; introduction to NDT; visual inspection equipment; factors influencing visual inspection; product technology (welding, casting, forging etc.); practical inspection methodology; inspection, weld repair and heat treatment requirements.
The course ends with the certification examination.
Training in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9712.
- To outline the factors influencing visual inspection
- To explain the place of visual inspection in relation to NDT
- To enable candidates to utilise a range of visual inspection equipment
- To meet syllabus requirements for CSWIP Level 2
Price listed is for direct access Level 2 and includes examination and levy fees. For Level 1 option, please contact Customer Services.
The minimum required duration of training, which includes both theoretical and practical elements, is:
- Level 1 - 16 hours
- Level 2 - 24 hours (Direct level 2 - 40 hours)
The minimum duration for experience prior to or following success in the qualification examination is:
- Level 1 - 1 month
- Level 2 - 3 months