Grade 3 Renewals
From end June 2014 BGAS have made changes to their scheme documents and Grade 3 BGAS Painting Inspector course/exams are being amalgamated into the Grade 2, therefore as of end of June the Grade 3 will no longer exist.
- All existing Grade 3 holders, whose approval is due to expire, will be granted a time extension to their existing Grade 3 approval until 31 December 2014 (unless they wish to be examined to Grade 2 at an earlier date). This is to provide sufficient time to arrange training and re-examination while allowing continuity of work.
- The existing Grade 3 holders whose approval is valid will remain so until the current expiry date on their approval.
- June 2014 implementation of new examination format for renewals and first time candidates.
Please note: All renewals of existing Painting Inspector Grade 3 will require being re-examined to Grade 2 or higher..
In order to renew your approval after five years, please forward the following for
- An up-to-date CV or Logbook Sheets detailing the last five years
- 2 signed passport photos (signed on the back)
- A valid eyesight certificate dated within 6 months (Times Roman Numeral or N4 Standard, at not less than 300mm on a standard test chart for near vision in at least one eye, corrected or uncorrected) Visual acuity and colour perception test (assessed by the Ishihara 24 plate or equivalent)
- Original BGAS card
- Fee of £160.80 (incl VAT) by cheque or bank draft payable to TWI Ltd. Please also include your
correct postal address.
Your application can be accepted 3 months prior to the current expiry data at the
In order to renew your approval after ten years, please forward the following for
- CV for approval
- 2 passport photos (signed on the back)
- A valid eyesight certificate (As above)
- Original BGAS ID card
Once your CV has been approved, you will be sent a letter confirming this. Upon
receipt of the letter of confirmation, you will be able to arrange your examination.
In both cases, all renewal documents should be sent to:
Training & Examination Services