The Corrosion Awareness - Advanced Ultrasonic Inspection course is aimed at:
- Level 2 Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspectors, previous knowledge of plant/pipeline/vessel inspection would be an advantage, but not essential
- Candidates wishing to have a greater understanding of corrosion and its detrimental effect on materials
- Candidates who interface with the NDT inspectors and wish to gain a greater understanding of corrosion and ultrasonic phased array inspection
Benefits, capabilities and limitations of advanced ultrasonic methods for the detection and monitoring of corrosion/erosion; establishing sensitivity required by code, standard, or client’s custom requirements, and identification of most appropriate system solution to meet this; specific practical sessions in setting up 1Axis and 2Axis scanners for data acquisition, and understand the benefits of each; analysis of acquired data and sample files to recognise, identify, quantify and report accurate results.
- To gain corrosion specific certification in ultrasonic inspection using advanced methods
- To better understand the principles of corrosion and material degradation
- To be able to recognise the need for corrosion investigation
- To be able to apply practical methods for testing and monitoring of corrosion
- To appreciate the difficulties associated with corrosion inspection and control
- To interpret the requirements of appropriate standards
- To pass the CSWIP corrosion awareness examination
- To gain a Corrosion Monitoring certification in Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT)
Candidates wishing to gain certification must hold ISO 9712 Level 2 Phased Array Testing approval.