Engineering, technical, operations, maintenance and inspection personnel working within the oil and gas production, chemical process, power generation, utilities, commercial works (vendor) inspection organisations, classification societies and insurance companies.
Roles and duties of the Plant Inspector; QA/inspection; inspection safety; legislation, rules and regulations; basic inspection skills; inspection and test plans; inspection of materials; visual inspection skills; visual examination of welds; inspection and NDT; engineering materials; material degradation and failure.
- To understand the various fundamental aspects of plant inspection within industry
- To provide formal Plant Inspector certification, due to:
- Increasing demands for integrated asset management within process plants
- Increasing complexity of plant systems
- To meet the syllabus requirements of the CSWIP Plant Inspector Level 1 examination.
The fee includes the CSWIP examination.
This course (Module 1 Part A) has a duration of 1 week and is the first part of the 2 week CSWIP Plant Inspection Level 1 course. The CSWIP examination will be conducted on day 5 of each respective week. Level 1 Week 1 must be completed prior to attending Level 1 Week 2.
All candidates must hold current ISO 9712 Level 2 NDE approvals in 2 methods AND CSWIP 3.1. Welding Inspection qualifications.
Candidates unable to meet the requirements listed above have the following options:
- Candidates who hold the required ISO 9712 NDT Level 2 qualifications, but do not hold a CSWIP Welding Inspector qualification, shall pass the Offshore Visual Inspection module S1 or obtain a CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector qualification
- Candidates who hold a valid CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector qualification, but do not hold the required ISO 9712 NDT Level 2 qualifications, shall pass the NDT Appreciation Module S2 or ISO 9712 NDT Level 2 in ultrasonic testing and one other method.
CSWIP Plant Inspection Level 2, CSWIP Plant Inspection Level 3, NDT, Welding Inspection, Painting Inspection, Site Coatings Inspection