The course is aimed at plant engineers, non-destructive testing engineers, materials and corrosion engineers, plant inspectors responsible for managing the integrity of ageing process equipment, pipelines, boilers and storage tanks.
Introduction to weld repairs, differentiation in requirements between production and in-service-repairs, considerations for weld repair (including decision tree), qualification requirements, industry best practices, techniques for weld repair such as temper bead/controlled deposition repair, novel repair technologies such as taper stitch welding, repair methodologies for different types of failure mechanisms such as creep, SSCC, corrosion damage and clad repair.
At the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the considerations to be applied before carrying out weld repairs;
- Prepare method statements and carry out qualifications;
- Apply industry best practice for weld repair.
CSWIP Plant Inspector scheme overview
- If booking on a course and examination package, candidates are required to submit a CV so that their eligibility to take the examination is assessed.
- UK candidates - if you wish to take the examination, a fee of £170.00 + VAT in addition to the course fee shown above will be charged.
Career Progression Map
Programme Manager Interview