Welding inspection and quality personnel. This qualification is a natural career progression for experienced inspection personnel who wish to demonstrate their level of competence in the field of Quality Control management.
Planning; Inspection test plans (quality plans); review and acceptance of: material certification, mechanical testing reports, welding procedures qualifications, welder qualifications, PWHT reports and procedures, pressure testing reports, NDT reports, as built drawing, engineering query, non conformance reports, final certification.
Enrolment on this course does not constitute reservation of an examination. All courses may be followed by a CSWIP Welding Quality Control Co-ordinator examination for candidates with appropriate experience as specified in CSWIP document CSWIP- QCC-20-08.
All candidates must attend a CSWIP approved training course prior to examination.
Candidates wishing to take the examination must have the following as a minimum
- A current valid CSWIP 3.2 Senior Welding Inspector certification plus three years experience related to the duties and responsibilities or an international equivalent OR
- A current valid CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector certification with 10 years documented experience related to the duties and responsibilities or an international equivalent
- Have a minimum 5 years documented experience working at a position with full responsibility for all welding related quality control functions, including supervision of the welding inspection staff.
Prior knowledge requirements:
- Application of the requirements of codes and standards
- Identification of relevant material, components
- Knowledge of heat treatment procedures and recording systems
- Knowledge of hydrostatic test methods, safety and best practice and pneumatic testing
- Awareness of destructive mechanical testing
- Knowledge of quality related procedures and practices
- Health and safety requirements and practices
- Knowledge of associated manufacturing processes and operations
- Use and application of inspection quality test plans/written schemes of examination