All personnel including testers, inspectors, engineers and surveyors who require a thorough and comprehensive introduction to ultrasonic testing of aerospace components/structures.
Basic principles of ultrasonics; the flaw detector; practical exercises on aerospace test specimens containing simulated flaws; examination of aerospace materials, components and structure; instruction writing; manufacturing processes and defects.
The course ends with the certification examination.
· To explain the theoretical background of the techniques
· To calibrate ultrasonic equipment
· To measure the thickness of aerospace materials
· To select the correct type of probe to examine aerospace components/structures
· To locate and evaluate defects
· To report on the location and size of defects in aerospace components/structures
· To interpret code requirements
· To meet the syllabus requirements for PCN Levels 2.
This direct access Level 2 training course meets the 120 hour training requirement for PCN certification.
Price listed is for direct access Level 2 and includes examination and levy fees. For training only options, please contact Customer Services.
The minimum required duration of training, which includes both theoretical and practical elements, is:
- Direct access to Level 2 - 120 hours (40 hours for Level 1 + 80 hours for Level 2)
The minimum duration for experience prior to or following success in the qualification examination is:
- Direct Level 2 - 12 months (3 months for Level 1 + 9 months for Level 2)