Engineers, technicians and machine operators wishing to gain an understanding and appreciation of the different welding and joining processes, their suitability for different polymer types, with a view to allowing individuals to design components incorporating joints.
Tailored courses: Courses can be delivered for an individual company that focuses on its particular products.
- Advantages and limitations, materials, welding parameters, equipment, joint design and applications for the following welding processes; hot plate, spin, infrared, ultrasonic, vibration and laser
- Hot air and ultrasonic staking, an introduction to plastics, mechanical and non-destructive testing, practical demonstrations of ultrasonic, hot plate, vibration and laser welding and hot air staking
- To equip attendees with the necessary welding knowledge for designing plastic moulded parts for complex, high integrity applications
- To provide the information required to optimise a welding process and trouble-shoot a production problem
- To explore the range of processes available for joining moulded parts
Course length (typically 3 days) and the specific detail to be included in the training will be discussed prior to a price being provided.
Candidates will take a multiple-choice examination at the end of the course.
The course can be delivered at customers’ premises in the UK and overseas. However, welding demonstrations will only be carried out if the course is delivered at the TWI headquarters in Cambridge, UK.
Course fee includes: course material, refreshment and lunch during the 3 days (but does not include travel, accommodation and dinner).
This training course has been recognised by The Welding Institute for CPD.
Welding processes and services offered:
TWI also conducts research and development projects in all aspects of plastics welding
To discuss your requirements or to book a course, please telephone Dr Farshad Salamat-Zadeh on 01223 899552 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org