This course is intended for those personnel who wish to be involved in the Malaysian inshore and offshore commercial diving industry that require competent commercial divers.
This 9-day course (7-day practical and 2-day theory) including assessment is for commercial diving competency to the Malaysian National Occupational Skill Standard U-023-2.
The course will provide competency standard for the safe use of surface supplied breathing apparatus equipment for non-decompression dives to a depth of less than nine metres.
This will provide the successful candidates with employment opportunities as tenders, assistant diving technicians and trainee divers in the Malaysian commercial diving industry.
This affiliated course is delivered in conjunction with TWI SEA at its state-of-the-art facilities in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The aim of this introductory course is for all participants to gain theoretical knowledge and practical competence in the following:
- IMCA and OGP benchmark safety guidelines
- Task Risk Assessment / Permit to Work (PTW) and Management of Change (MoC)
- Theory and practical use of surface supplied breathing apparatus (SSBA)
- Importance of diving related manuals, relevant documentation and procedures
- Causes and prevention of diving related emergencies
- Planned maintenance systems (PMS)
- Pre and post dive checks
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- In-date SCUBA diving medical
- Age 20 (minimum)
- Physically fit and able to swim