Welding engineers, production engineers, QC personnel, setters, operators and maintenance staff.
Principles of the resistance welding process and equipment; outline of the electrical controls; guidance on the setting-up and control of weld quality; demonstration of the effect of welding parameters, machine characteristics and material on spot welds in steel sheet; consideration of electrode requirements; welding of high strength and coated steels, aluminium etc; testing, monitoring and NDT; maintenance and safety.
- To understand the principles of resistance welding
- To appreciate how process parameters and other factors influence quality of resistance welds
- To carry out setting up and troubleshooting tasks more effectively
On-site courses in resistance welding processes can be provided by arrangement.
Special courses can be organised for:
- the approval testing of resistance weld setters to BS EN 1418
- flash welding or high frequency tube welding